Thompson's one coat Patio seal 'pooling'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just covered my patio slabs with Thompson's one coat patio seal and it has dried leaving different shades of colour where the seal has pooled.
I have contacted Thompson's and been told that there is no solution to this problem, and the seal should wear off after a few years.
I have tried white spirit but the surface hasn't changed. It has ruined my patio!!

Has anyone had similar issues and found an answer?

Attachments

• Air bubbles and pooling.jpg
    Air bubbles and pooling.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 235
  • Patchy colouring.jpg
    Patchy colouring.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 225
  • Pooling and darker colour.jpg
    Pooling and darker colour.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 216
Sponsored Links
There are aggressive solvent for almost anything, but most of those need a lot of care to use and are expensive too. Use google to research "cresol" and "tetrohydorofuran" before deciding you really must go down that route instead of just waiting a few years. I had some failed hard disks, I had to soak the magnet assembly in some "MethylEthylKetone" for several months to destroy the glue holding the magnets to the 1058 steel, you could not do that outdoors on stone.

Cresols are highly irritating to the skin and eyes of rabbits, rats, and mice. Short-term exposure to inhaled mixtures of cresol aerosol and vapor results in irritation of the respiratory tract, small hemorrhages in the lung, body weight reduction, degeneration of heart muscle, liver, kidney, and nerve cells.

Sponsored Links
There are aggressive solvent for almost anything, but most of those need a lot of care to use and are expensive too. Use google to research "cresol" and "tetrohydorofuran" before deciding you really must go down that route instead of just waiting a few years. I had some failed hard disks, I had to soak the magnet assembly in some "MethylEthylKetone" for several months to destroy the glue holding the magnets to the 1058 steel, you could not do that outdoors on stone.
MEK is a well know carciogen, be careful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back