Thread sealing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Plumbers,
I am fitting a Hansgrohe iBox with mains pressure supply for a bath and shower but cannot stop the supply joints from dripping. They are brass threaded joints and I have used as much ptfe tape as I can on 2 attempts. I'm getting a good chance to give these joints a serious tightening but it's not stopping the leaks. What compound are you guys recommending for joint sealing as an alternative to tape? I see many products available so I would be interested to know what is being used in the trade. Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Use Loctite 55. You will notice that the threads on the IBox connectors have been very slightly "grooved" as is suggested on the Loctite instructions. Worth pressure testing all the pipework you can on connecting to IBox, then all the installation after that is a doddle.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back