Threaded spacer for Ikea bed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a second hand Ikea bed, but one of the bolts that connects the frame to the side panels is missing the unusual type of spacer that I need. In fact I am not sure it is really a spacer in that is not hollow all the way through. At one end is a hex end so it can be tightened.

The other end is threaded. The bit you see in the photo can be separated by unscrewing the metal bit out of the threaded spacer. I have Googled and looked on ebay, but the most similar stuff I can find are normal spacers.

Anyone know anywhere that sell these?? I'm hoping for the original as it will look better. The spacer is 30mm in length. 10mm diameter and is tightened with an m5 hex I think.

hexspacer.jpg

Sponsored Links
This sort of thing is usual a special. I don't think you will find one just on a shelf.
If you cant do it any other way, have a look for a local machine shop, they could make 1 in a couple of minutes.

just nip into ikea, go to customer services and ask. they are very helpful. or go look in bargin corner and they normally have a box of screws and other bits.

Paul

Sponsored Links
Yeah thanks. I'll be at Ikea looking around anyway. If they don't have any I will just use a bolt, a normal spacer, and maybe a rubber washer too. Someone gave me the bed and apparently it was squeaking a little. I have reassembled it so far with paraffin wax, and grease so I ant any washer to be on the quiet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back