Three way motorised valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to change the three way motorised valve (complete), but looking at the downstairs radiators none have a drain down takeoff.

the central heating system is an old fashioned open non-pressurised one and I wondered if I can use rubber bungs in the feed and expansion tank in the loft (one bung in the tank where water goes into the system and would the other go to the vent pipe which I believe is the open copper pipe sitting above the tank?

Sponsored Links
What is your goal in bunging the outlet and vent pipe of the F&E. Is it to avoid draining down ?

My advice to you would be to drain the system ,at least to a lower level than the 3 port valve.

Sponsored Links
No worries- I will purchase a self-cutting drain cock to put on one of the lower radiator pipes.’

Those things tend to leave the bit of pipe that gets cut ,inside the pipe !! I wouldn't do that either !!
Where is the boiler ,any drain cock there ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back