three way to two way switches.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
first post, thanks in advance for any help. I recently removed a wall between the kitchen and dining room. This wall contained one of two three way switches for the overhead lights in each room. I would like to eliminate those switches that were on the center wall so each half of this new bigger room has just one two way switch, each at the corresponding end of this new bigger room. Hope that makes sense. Can I just wire nut the hot wires in the switches to be removed together and hide them in a junction box? If so, how do I know which of the two blacks and red wires to connect. Thanks, my electrical is not my strongest suit.

Sponsored Links
[quote="colin1530";p="1928146"f so, how do I know which of the two blacks and red wires to connect. Thanks, my electrical is not my strongest suit.[/quote]

In that case I suggest you call in a professional "sparks".

Not very helpful, This is my second old house, I do carpentry for part of my living, I get the basics- just not an electrician. Looking for helpful advice as I'm not sure how to go about this particular issue. Posted here lookng for helpful advice on how to proceed safely.

Sponsored Links
Back