Three way valve issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
https://www.travisperkins.co.uk/Drayton-ZA3-679-3-3-Port-Valve-22mm/p/577344

Hi all

i have one of these in my house. i have a gravity fed boiler system with a tank in my airing cupboard. last weekend I fitted some new taps in the bath and before i did I turned off the cold water feed to the boiler, and also the boiler and control panel, using the red twist on the valve. now, I have found that my rads are getting warm when the hot water is heating up (not the central heating, the CH is turned off) but also it is warming up at times not corresponding to my control panel. so I am wondering if the fault is (a) the three way valve - the most likely option, and if so, is that easy for me to fix, or (b) faulty wiring because ive turned it on and off before tap installation (which would explain the timing issue)?

ive a few projects i am trying to do so i am going to write a couple of posts! TIA!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back