Thermal store heat inputs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning.
Recently purchased a property with a thermal store for heating hot water.
Solar thermal panel .back boiler on a wood burner stove and oil fired boiler.
System works very well.
My question is .
Is there a way to turn of the oil fired boiler
Over the winter months the wood stove is on everyday .I have noted that when a room thermostat calls for heat the pump comes on and the oil fired boiler .I assume this is to add more heat in to replace the heat pumped out to warm the room.
Over Christmas we nearly ran out of oil .long story.i would have liked to have turned the oil fired boiler off but concerned that this would lead to a fault in the controller.
Calling for heat but boiler off .
So is it possible to switch the oil fired boiler off .electrically .
Sorry if this is a stupid question but not familiar with the thermal store plumbing /controller so theoretical is it simply turning the oil off /turning off the power to the oil boiler
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes in simple term's you can switch your oil boiler off.
Many oil boilers have a switch built into control panel tho they are known to break/not switch back on!
Some clear pictures of your thermal store plus any motorised valves pumps controls ect would be useful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back