Threshold trim advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to get the right door threshold trims for under two doors in the house on the ground floor:-

1) tile to laminate
2) laminate to laminate

A couple of years ago when I put laminate down in the kitchen, I bought a laminate effect Floor threshold from B&Q to use on gap between kitchen and Hallway laminate. What a waste of money that turned out to be because the self adheisive strip underneath came apart within a day ..... so been living with my half diy Till now that I had the cloakroom re-tiled and now have two doors with same issue.

Question is what is the best way to stick these things down. The laminate/ tiles are on concrete.

Do I need to drill into concrete for these type of fixings or is there a strong glue that can keep it all together?

cheers
[/url]

Sponsored Links
The better fittings are two part, the bottom part being drilled and plugged into the subfloor and the top part clipping into place, An alternative would be to stick a single piece t-Profile down with Grip-Fill, with a weight on it and allow 12-24 hours to dry. Just be sure that the T-piece rests on both sides on the floor surface, if it does'nt, it will likely snap.

in my opinion, self adhesive profiles of any type just are'nt up 'to the job of foot traffic.

regarding the better fitting with two parts, that seems to be the same one as I bought from B&Q .... if not where can I buy the one you are talking about?

cheers

If you fitted a two part profile, was the profile was for the correct depth of floor installation?

We use http://www.faukonline.com/for our Parador laminates, the all metal profiles will be tougher than the laminate ones.

Sponsored Links
If you fitted a two part profile, was the profile was for the correct depth of floor installation?

It was for the correct depth. I will try the two part profiles again but this time screw the bottom part into the concrete rather than glue down. If this does not last then I will move on to the metal piece

by the way what screw size should be used for the metal ones?

Thanks very much

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back