thug gets four years for murder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ement-killer-jailed-just-four-half-years.html

You can clearly see he launched the punch with his full body weight behind it
candidate for hanging, should never have been abolished, I don't believe the garbage that hanging wasn't a deterrent.

He might not have meant to kill/murder him but he did nevertheless.
His victims life is over.

The point about Eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, was the deterrent aspect of the principle.

Do you really think these animals that throw acid over women would do it if they knew if they were caught it would happen to them ?
The trouble now is that there isn't really a deterrent.

In the autobiography a Hangmans Tale at the end of the book he makes the point that you could hear a pin drop on the eve of a hanging........and it sent out a message .....you can go so far but.........

Sponsored Links
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2567496/Pictured-Shocking-moment-doting-son-killed-single-punch-head-row-cycling-pavement-killer-jailed-just-four-half-years.html

candidate for hanging, should never have been abolished, I don't believe the garbage that hanging wasn't a deterrent.

The point about Eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, was the deterrent aspect of the principle.

Do you really think these animals that throw acid over women would do it if they knew if they were caught it would happen to them ?

In the autobiography a Hangmans Tale at the end of the book he makes the point that you could hear a pin drop on the eve of a hanging........and it sent out a message .....you can go so far but.........

But Murders STILL Happened so its NO deterrent.

I couldn't agree more.

You can literally get away with murder in Broken Britain. Why is this judge still practising? It was the same out-of-touch judge who held a silence for a gangster shot by police.

I agree that hanging should never have been repealed. Whatever the do-gooders say, I believe it is a deterrent and I'm sure all but the softest-hearted of the victim's relatives would feel that justice would have been done. I certainly would.

Surely, people like this judge and his band of apologists must be aware that the more instances such as this, the more likely we shall see vengeance killings. If a thug killed my wife and received a similarly derisory sentence, I assure you that I'd do all I could to kill him and damn the consequences.

This was Manslaughter not premeditated murder.

Do you suggest that the Driver in a road accident that kills another person should be hung ?

Sponsored Links
This was Manslaughter not premeditated murder.

Do you suggest that the Driver in a road accident that kills another person should be hung ?

What if the driver deliberately caused the accident with the intent of causing serious injury to the other party?

intent to kill must be proven for a murder conviction, this is indeed manslaughter

intent to kill must be proven for a murder conviction, this is indeed manslaughter

Oh well that's alright then. Two years inside sounds about right.

I just hope that somebody else kills him when he's let out - accidentally, of course.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2567496/Pictured-Shocking-moment-doting-son-killed-single-punch-head-row-cycling-pavement-killer-jailed-just-four-half-years.html

But Murders STILL Happened so its NO deterrent.

No Deterrent? Really? The figures tell a different story.

On the graph, you can clearly see the murder rate take off significantly, since the mid sixties. Strangely, capital punishment was abolished in the mid sixties.

Yes, you're right. Murders always have and always will happen. Clearly, the murder rate is held at a certain level and would-be murderers dissuaded if they think there's a chance that their own neck may be on the block.

How many people have died because of false claims that capital punishment is no deterrent? Is it fair that murderers regularly serve 15 years or less?

We have the scientific techniques to make convictions a lot safer than they were before scenes of crime investigations were perfected. Time to look again at capital punishment.

View media item 73857

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
There are lies, damned lies, and statistics!

Whitespirit66, please tell us where your unattributed graphic came from, and why it carefully avoids showing the years with the significant fall. I suppose that could be called "a deliberate omission with the intent to deceive" if you don't want it to be called a "lie."

Please compare your allegation with key point 3 in this document
http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/dcp171778_298904.pdf

No doubt, the judge was considering this violent thug's "Human Rights",,, whilst carefully dismissing any thoughts of the same "Human Rights" the poor victim should have enjoyed. The judge should do the right thing and retire.

There are lies, damned lies, and statistics!

Whitespirit66, please tell us where your unattributed graphic came from, and why it carefully avoids showing the years with the significant fall. I suppose that could be called "a deliberate omission with the intent to deceive" if you don't want it to be called a "lie."

Please compare your allegation with key point 3 in this document
http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/dcp171778_298904.pdf[/QUOTE]

I like it when lefty types accuse people of lying, because it usually means that those they accuse are onto something. In this case, that 'something' is the uncomfortable truths that are exposed, which are a direct result of the lefty, liberal attitudes on crime.

It's disingenious to accuse me of lying because my statistics do not include murder rates for the last few years. The whole point being made is that in the decades following the abolition of capital punishment for homicide, the murder rate more than doubled.

Yes, in the last few years, there has been a slight fall in the homicide rate (from a high-point blip caused by a certain Dr Shipman and his 172 victims 13 years ago), but it is still at least double that of the mid sixties. To satisfy you John, I have added a link from The Telegraph which illustrates the facts and shows more up to date figures.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9411649/Graphic-how-the-murder-rate-has-fallen.html

If you can back up your allegation that I have lied, or that maybe The Telegraph is lying - please demonstrate your case. But keep it to the fact that the homicide rate has doubled since the abolition of capital punishment.

EDIT - Just had a look at key point 3 on your link John. Yes, can't disagree that homicides have declined slightly since 2012. But you omitted to say that in that same paragraph, it says that homicides have been rising between 1961 and 2012. So, have you 'lied' by cherry-picking the info that suits your liberal stance. A liberal stance that has failed overall, still resulting in the uncomfortable truth for you that homicides are still double the total since capital punishment was aboilished. :rolleyes:

It's disingenious to accuse me of lying because my statistics do not include murder rates for the last few years.

I didn't accuse you of lying. I said:

Homicides have been dropping since 2001, except for Shipman's peak.

At first glance, neither the graph nor the bbc article contradict each other. The former seems to describe the raw number whereas the latter refers to proportion. Given the rise in number of people residing in the UK, it is entirely feasible for the rate to have declined but the number to have increased.

As stated on another thread, for me it's down to remorse. The guilty part should be offered a stiff drink and a gun with a single bullet. If he is truly remorseful then he'd do the "decent" thing, and if he decided not to then he clearly wouldn't be that sorry and his sentence should reflect that.

Sponsored Links
Back