thug gets four years for murder

I'm more distrustful of more recent governments and their statistics. They employ some very clever spin-doctors, PR people and statasticians, who seem well versed in the black art of manipulating official figures. This is often done by reclassifying types of data and using different accounting methods to give a more positive impression.

The quote 'a good day to bury bad publicity' used by someone in the Blair government on 9/11 sums up modern politicians attitudes to the truth and how it is presented to the electorate.

Sponsored Links
intent to kill must be proven for a murder conviction, this is indeed manslaughter

Oh well that's alright then. Two years inside sounds about right.

I just hope that somebody else kills him when he's let out - accidentally, of course.

The sentencing guidelines actually say the sentence should be 4-10 years in jail for manslaughter with little provocation. In this case there was no provocation so I don't see why he got 4 years, should have been 10. Your issue is with the judge not the law, and your opinion is the same as mine.

Just a thought - instead of posting on an internet forum, why not write to the judge and tell him that it's time he retired?

Just a thought - instead of posting on an internet forum, why not write to the judge and tell him that it's time he retired?

Because we all know that he won't even see it. One of his lackeys will immediately file it in the waste bin.

Why should he take any notice of us? His job is protected, he is beyond reproach and he is undoubtedly a member or the old boys' network.

Sponsored Links
Back