thumping great draft between skirting and laminate floor

Min

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There's a sizeable gap - about 5mm in most places - between the under side of the skirting and the top of the laminate flooring.

I forget what the pro said when he laid it but with these high winds I've noticed a big draft, especially on the outside walls. No wonder my bedroom never warms up properly.

Can I fill this gap with flexible decorators caulk? Or is there something better?

Thanks

Min

Sponsored Links
Why did he not scribe it down to the flooring sounds rubbish. Something like decorators caulk or flexible sealant will help

Thanks Wrightwoodwork.
Yes rubbish - he was meant to be experienced but now I doubt it (couple of other things were bodged but he came with a good reference).

Will get busy with the caulk.

Many thanks

Min

Magic - room now much warmer.

Got to be the best cost+effort to benefit ratio possible for a DIY job. Cost me under four quid for the caulk, then only prep was move furniture out the way and vacuum the floor. Then no clearing up to do afterwards. As I said - magic!

Thanks for your help WoodWrightWork!! Happy New Year :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back