Thumping Manifold Value

hello Byron
i know it is some time since your thread was active,
however, I have the same problem as you had, with my new 4 zone wavin thermoboard system.
I have recently conpleted my system installation, with a heating engineer building the manifold etc...
the blue thermostatic valve sometimes 'chatters' alarmingly, causing me to try to find new settings to stop it, as you were doing.
I find the system settles down for days and works wonderfully, then at perhaps 3.a.m, I awake to the sound of the valve jumping and have to deal with it.
Wavin have sent me 2 replacements, and both wavin and my heating engineer recomend a bypass control, just below the manifold, at a cost of about £150 for parts and installation.
Can you please let me know if you fitted a bypass to fix your problem, and what did it cost you ?
Presumably, your system is all running lovely now, all set for the cold weather !!
i have been advised to keep flow temp to about 45-50 degs C
the reason the return guage reads more than the flow temp is due to heat transmitting along the metal work of the manifold.
apart from this one item, I believe that the wavin system is a really quality product, I have seen it work well in very up-market properties !
warm regards !
Pete

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Have either of you two solved this issue? Ditto with the dilemma. And agree that the underfloor heating is fantastic, thanks.

Sorry to bump an odd thread, but I am having the same issues with my UFH mixing valve chattering / vibrating until the temperature valve is adjusted slightly. This instantly cures it, but it soon returns (though with an unpredictable time frame)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back