Thunderbolts ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to fix this cast iron light switch weighing about 3 kilo to a brick internal wall. I am thinking of using Thunderbolts, which I have never used before, because of the weight.

Only two small lugs so I think I will need small flange head bolts , M4 M5 ? and I am guessing about 50mm length. The lug is overhung by the casing so impossible to get a straight downward purchase so I will have to tighten with a spanner if thats possible. I also cannot find the drill size needed for the particular bolt size or the depth I need to drill.

Any advice would be helpful.

Attachments

• WP_20190828_001.jpg
    WP_20190828_001.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 65
  • WP_20190816_001.jpg
    WP_20190816_001.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 74
Sponsored Links
Normal plugs and flange head screws will be fine. S Fix 9033H or similar. Size 5 or 6 (9 or 10 Ga)
Hex head wood type screws also available if you want that industrial look.
Never had much luck with those concrete type bolts.

this cast iron light switch weighing about 3 kilo

this cast iron heavy switch,

In the picture the word OFF is covered by the lever, the word ON is clear to see. Does this mean the switch is ON ( visible indication ) or OFF ( where the lever is )

Sponsored Links
this cast iron heavy switch,

In the picture the word OFF is covered by the lever, the word ON is clear to see. Does this mean the switch is ON ( visible indication ) or OFF ( where the lever is )
Its Off. Push down for On just like ordinary switch

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back