ticking noise in airing cupbard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
happends all the time when heating on, i tried to make the hole bigger as the 22mm pipe off the pump goes through the ceiling, and cant find thats its rubbing on anything, have sorted one creaking with a big spoung (vibrating) but cant stop this one, will covering the 22mm pipe with foam insulation quieten it down?? any other suggestions, this is just more annoying as in my little ones bedroom,

Sponsored Links
i think it is, was really hoping enlarging the hole in the ceiling would help but didnt!!!

does insulation generally quieten pipes?

i think it is, was really hoping enlarging the hole in the ceiling would help but didnt!!!

does insulation generally quieten pipes?

Sponsored Links
You will be restricted on the thickness by the distance the pipes are run/ clipped together

Insulating the room?

You could give everyone in the house ear muffs, migh be cheaper :p

I guess any insulation might help.

have bought insulation for the noisy 22mm pipe anyone know if this will reduce noise a little ??

thanks

The pipes should ideally be insulated anyway for at least 1m to help reduce heatloss. Also if it is in little ones bedroom it would be a good idea from a safety point of view aswell.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back