tiger loop, is there an easier way to get oil upstairs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

have an oil boiler upstairs and I ran out of oil.(which was refilled)

It has a tiger loop and I assume I have to keep turning on and off the boiler lockout until the oil gets up to the boiler?

Surely this is bad for the pump, is there another method?

Sponsored Links
Assuming that you have a non return vale fitted to the vertical flow it would be just a matter of cracking the vent on the oil pump slightly open until oil appears while the boiler is running and before lockout.

not sure if it has a non return valve because whole boiler is boxed into the kitchen.
There seems to be no oil getting to the boiler, keeps locking out.
I was told to keep turning it on til it fires up.

where would the non return valve be located and if there is none could I fit one?
The feed pipe is 12mm copper, plastic coated.

Sponsored Links
not sure if it has a non return valve because whole boiler is boxed into the kitchen.
There seems to be no oil getting to the boiler, keeps locking out.
I was told to keep turning it on til it fires up.

It will not ignite straight away unless you do as I say with the vent on the oil pump.

where would the non return valve be located and if there is none could I fit one?
The feed pipe is 12mm copper, plastic coated.

I would have thought that you would already have a NRV fitted to have enabled the boiler to be fired the boiler on installation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back