Worcester oil boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can a burner motor be working but still be a dud? I have a Bentone burner on a Worcester oil boiler.
Everything checks out, but the burner won't draw oil into the Tiger loop pipework?
Brand new pump and tiger loop. It all turns over but poor suction on intake port on oil pump.
Is the motor weak??

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the fire valve is not tripped or filters blocked.

Is the bypass screw fitted in the oil pump.

Sponsored Links
Try dipping the suction hose into a container of oil. Do you have Pressure and vacuum gauges

Have you fitted a new drive dog. Are oil lines reversed.

It can only be something simple.

Try dipping the suction hose into a container of oil. Do you have Pressure and vacuum gauges

Have you fitted a new drive dog. Are oil lines reversed.

It can only be something simple.
New drive coupling
New hoses
New oil pump + screw
New tiger loop
Deairator not priming (even with drum of kero)

Have you got a correctly handed pump

.some are for R/h rotation some Left.

Have you turned the burner isolating valve back on? Have you changed the hoses? If so, check the connection on the inlet hose and the isolating valve. If that is poor then there will be no frothing in the tiger loop. If you disconnect the pump inlet connection, can you prime the tiger loop with suction?

Have you turned the burner isolating valve back on? Have you changed the hoses? If so, check the connection on the inlet hose and the isolating valve. If that is poor then there will be no frothing in the tiger loop. If you disconnect the pump inlet connection, can you prime the tiger loop with suction?
There seemed poor inlet suction on the brand new pump. This I blamed on broke drive dog or poor motor proformance.

If tank is a top entry , make sure pickup is submerged and the valve has not been turned off inside the tank.

Ok, its fixed. It was a concealed joint done by the installer.
Due to all the overwhelming nature of this task I am changing all my compression fittings to *flared*. Its enough of a ball ache using compression, without the fittings undoing themselves!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back