Tightening loose taps.

19 May 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I've got some Bristam mixer kitchen sink taps and they are loose. The threaded rod below the tap is loose and need tightening. I think the only way to access it is to use some sort of very long socket spanner but I can't seem to find any. How do people tighten the rod from below?
Sponsored Links
you are correct it does need a long box spanner they are available as a set of 2 from most plumbers merchants
Tap spanners exactly as you suspect from plumber merchants...

Ah, too slow :oops:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local