tile adhesive meterage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi wierd thing happening when I am tiling my floor. The adhesive manufacturers say I should get about 5.5-6 m2 per bag I am getting nearer 7m2 what am I doing wrong?? I am using the notch size recommended by the manufacturer and have mixed the adhesive as they say. I am an amature so I could be doing summat wrong :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
the manufacturer will be working on a set depth (usually 3mm) based on 90% coverage or more. This will be based on a certain notched trowel depth (say its 8mm)

IF your using a smaller notch trowel, or angling it excessively, or your not getting the right coverage that could increase it. Try lifting a tile you have just laid into your adhesive, it should be difficult to lift and the majority of the tile should be covered in adhesive

Thanks for the reply. I think you could be right I may need to increase the angle of my trowel I have been trying to make it 45 degrees, there seems to be plenty of adhesive on the tile I had a job prising a just laid one off! The notch size is 9mm.

Sponsored Links
if its hard to get up, and 90% of the tile is covered then you dont need to worry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back