Tile drying time (after cleaning) before sealing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some of this stuff:
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Tile-Sealer-Satin-1L/p/166071

Which I want to put onto quarry tiles. The tile adhesive and grout are months old and completely set by now.

The instructions on the bottle ask me to clean the floor thoroughly first - which makes sense - but then to wait three days for it to dry before applying the sealer.

That would be very awkward as I don't think I can realistically keep the floor fully clean for three days, as the kitchen is in use. Do you think that's really very important? If I were to clean the floor one evening would it not be dry enough to apply the sealer the next day? I wonder how sensitive the sealer is to some kind of trace residual moisture in the tiles.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
That boat has sailed but you could do your best with what you have. Most tile and stone should be treated before laying, sometimes before, and once immediately after its down.

It depends on what quarry tile you have - glazed or unglazed, does it require an impregnator?

You will have to clean them ( what color is the grout?) and perhaps apply a cleaner/restorer. Then seal them.
If the tile is stained then its another ball game.

But, first, clean them.

Cant say i've ever waited three days after cleaning tile ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back