Tile tracker versus batterns

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm going to be tiling my bathroom. I've done a bit of tiling before but this is the first time I will be laying them in a brick-bond pattern. Any tips on setting out ?

The other question is whether it is worth a DIYer investing in a tile-tracker or should I just use a battern screwed into the wall as I've done in the past?

Cheers for any advice!

Sponsored Links
Gauge it so you're happy with the top and bottom row, IE not a small sliver for either
What are you tiling off, bath/shower/floor?
Don't know what a tile tracker is sorry

Tiletracker used on my last bathroom together with standard battens - can be useful but prone to slip with weighty tiles; I tend to get level right then bang a nail in the hole in the plastic foot to prevent the thing slipping; you don't want that when you've tiled up 3 courses believe me!
So I use combination of the 2 - if its for a one off job I wouldn't spend the money.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back