Finishing brick bond bevelled tiles...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so we've chosen our tiles for the shower enclosure - a light grey bevelled 100x300 tile. Want to set them 'brick bond', so a vertical joint will be in the centre of the tile below, like you would when laying bricks...

The problem then comnes at the edges of the cubicle. It'e exactly 1200 square, so i end up with a cut edge (8mm) above a bevel edge (4mm)...

I've been reccomended so far to use either a 9mm flat egde or a 9mm round edge so it covers fully the edge of the 'thicker tile'. The issue with this for me it is that for every other tile it's going to be 5mm proud of the edge. It'll look 'ok' from the outside fo the shower, but rubish on the inside...

Other than re-stagger my tile pattern so every tile finishes on a cut tile, is there any way to finish brick pattern bevelled tiles to a perfect standard?

Thanks, a frustrated virgil...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back