Tiling brick bond with bevelled tiles

Sponsored Links
perhaps you need to score the glaze with a manuel cutter 1st,then that way it shouldnt splinter?

I contacted the seller and i was advised not to use a wet tile cutter but to use a manual tile cutter. The tiles are bevelled crackle glad brick tiles. Does that advice make sense to you tilers?

Sponsored Links
Didn't have a problem cutting these with a cheap manual cutter (Plasplugs mainly plastic model bought many years ago and still going strong)

View media item 35970
My tiles are a little bit trickier to cut becuase they are crackle glaze. But nevertheless, I got the Rubi TS40 tile cutter and that works well

Finish all the tiling & grouting first, applying the silicone seal is the last thing you do
I plan to use Mapei Kerapoxy Epoxy Grout silver grey and a matching silicone to seal the gap between the bath and tiles as well as corner where the two tiled walls meet. Should I use the Mapesil Sealant or Mapei Mapesil AC 144 Solvent-Free Silicone?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back