Bevel edge tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
Im about to tile the bathroom using metro white bevelled tiles (7.5 x 15cm). What should I do when I get to an edge ? If I cut the tile in half it won't have any bevel.

I wanted to buy the tiles at wallsandfloors.co.uk as they are they cheapest there.

I noticed at http://www.westonebathrooms.co.uk/shop/LBCataloguePage096.htm they sell small tiles that can be used for edges (see the small square tiles 7.5 x 7.5), but these are £1.41 each ! Are there any alternatives ? Would it look ok if I just cut the bigger tiles in half and just left some of the edge unbevelled ? thanks for any ideas. Dave

Sponsored Links
Hello
Im about to tile the bathroom using metro white bevelled tiles (7.5 x 15cm). What should I do when I get to an edge ? If I cut the tile in half it won't have any bevel.

I wanted to buy the tiles at wallsandfloors.co.uk as they are they cheapest there.

I noticed at http://www.westonebathrooms.co.uk/shop/LBCataloguePage096.htm they sell small tiles that can be used for edges (see the small square tiles 7.5 x 7.5), but these are £1.41 each ! Are there any alternatives ? Would it look ok if I just cut the bigger tiles in half and just left some of the edge unbevelled ? thanks for any ideas. Dave
Buy yourself a diamond wheel wet cutter (30 odd quid for a cheapo) & bevel cut your own; I do it all the time!

Excuse my ignorance Richard, but how do I do a bevel cut with a wet cutter ? I had a quick look at one on google and it looks like it's just a tile cutter .. Thanks

Sponsored Links
most have a moveable bed so you can cut up to 45 degrees
That's a super tip! Do I use white tile paint to glaze the bevel edge after I cut it?
Why do you keep dragging up/hijacking old threads, it’s very confusing. No you don’t use white tile paint; you cut the tile leaving a 1/2 mm glazed land on the edge of the tile & grout as normal. Bevell edging tiles needs some skill to achieve good results.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back