Tile Trims - Lost the will to live

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Quick bit of advice if you can.

I have bought some tiles which were imported from Italy. At the moment I have the plumber in and he has just about done the first fix and is starting to tile. Me and the misus have chosen between black plastic and chrome trim - samples were given by the tile supplier. I have just attempted to marry up the tile to the trim and it does not fit. the trim is 12mm ans the tile must be 15mm. Is this going to be a major issue for me - I see that the trim supplier is "Tile-Rite" - the largest capacity there trims go to is 12mm - has anyone got any ideas? can you get larger/deepr trim??

Any guidance greatfuly received.

Cheers

Tony

Sponsored Links
tile rites plastic trims only go 12mm however their chrome ones go up to 18mm

black plastic trims are horrible too!

but that is only my onion.

:LOL:

Hi Pal,

Cheers for that - I have checked their website but cannot find the trims any larger than 12mm. You are right, the black ones look a bit naff - they do not match the black of the tiles......

cheers

tony

Sponsored Links
Hi Pal,

Cheers for that - I have checked their website but cannot find the trims any larger than 12mm. You are right, the black ones look a bit naff - they do not match the black of the tiles......

cheers

tony

take one of your tiles down to where you got it and compare it with the chrome trim, black and chrome CAN look very good, when you put the tile into the trim, there should be a small gap so you can add adhesive, otherwise your tiles tend to fall down.

:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back