Tile vent for bathroom extractor fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to fit a bathroom extractor fan and I am limited to where I can fit it.

It seems that my best option is to mount the inlet vent in my bathroom ceiling and then fit the outlet in/through a roof tile.

I've had a look on the internet and the tile vents do not match my type of tile. See photo:

Can anyone advise where I can buy a suitable vent or suggest an alternative method of providing a good waterproof outlet?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
That is a lousy photo by the way.

They look similar to a Marley ludlow major though i'm not convinced.

Anyhoo, once you have identified the tile and colour pop down to the merchants and order a tile vent terminal. Mention that you are venting a fan via a 100mm duct and are not simply venting the roof space otherwise you may get something different.

If you have access to the roof then remove a tile and identify it from the back of the tile or take it with you to the merchants.

Fitting will be tricky as you will need to reach up to at least the fourth course of tiles. Tape some 100mm flexi hose to the tile vent spigot before fitting to the roof batten and membrane.

Don't forget to fit the soaker supplied with the tile.

Make sure you avoid hitting a rafter with the spigot or any other obstacles.

...Ok i'll guess it's a Redland Renown but as it's a poor pic I might well be wrong. definately either a Renown or Major Getting a vent tile would be easy.
Klober do one that will fit both Renown or Major but you will need to buy a kit to conect the pipe from the extractor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back