Tiled to Polycarbonate Roof Join

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I have an small extension to the rear of my house which has a tiled, pitched roof. My conservatory roof (16mm Polycarbonate) joins to this, with the roof itself slid under the tiles.

Although the poly roof does have a run off angle, I am getting wash back (Or there is a slight downward dip toward the tiled roof) which is causing a leak into our kitchen.

I am not sure how technically correct any of this is - We have inherited the problem with the house!

What I am looking for is ways to solve this without a major re-work - e.g. How can I seal the join properly? You will see from the attached image my aweful attempts with foam filler and other stuff (I tried!) which has not worked.

Note the tiles are concrete interlocking type, which results in a rippled edge, hence why to date I haven't tried sealing with self-adhesive flashing tape as I feel this will be impossible to apply.

Thanks for reading - Any help much appreciated!! :)

Simon.

Sponsored Links
The expanding foam is helping to trap the water.

Slide the bottom course of tiles up and run out a length of lead sheet put an upstand on the lead under the tiles then seal the lead to the polly sheet.

Thanks Alastair for your reply - So result would be lead strip that is higher under the tiles than its exit point, sealed onto the poly?

Can I ask what you mean by upstand?

Cheers,
Simon.

Sponsored Links
Can you lift a few tiles and show us whats under there? Also some pics of where the leak is from the inside.

In theory there should be a wall plate fitted (I hope so anyway) to the fascia/joists. If so the leak is most likely coming from the roof above or the join of the 2 roofs.

It may just be sagging felt which felt support tray could fix (assuming there is enough room to get some in)

God that's a right mess. Good luck with it. Bottom row off and some pictures for starters.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back