Tiles coming away

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I prepared the cloakroom for tiling and built a box section out of planed softwood to cover waste pipes etc, the tiler completed the tiling on Tuesday and tiled the box section as well and all looked good, today i see that the tiles on the vertical part of the box section are coming away from the wood, i can call the tiler back but what is the problem, is it because it is planed wood and so is too smooth?, the box section was the only thing i didn't PVA before he came, is that all it needs?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Pretty sure it was mixed, also as the tiles were just about off i pulled them off the wood and the adhesive is still wet after 3 days

To tile onto wood he should have used powdered flexi adhesive.
There are some tubbed adhesives that will work but imo powdered is better.

You could use pva to prime as its a cloak room there's not such an issue with moisture but acrylic primer is always my choice.

Tiling onto wood, tub mix addy, PVA primer :confused: not getting dragged in & slagged off on this one ;) :LOL:

for a better result than you now have from your pro tiler your best bet is to pop into rymans (other shops available) and buy a few pritt sticks (other glue available) then put them back up yourself, with some joy they will last longer.

;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back