Tiles/Slates to use for 12.5 degrees pitched roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I am struggling to find some roof tiles to use for our extension that resembles a similar look to our slate roofing. The architect has said that he knows of only regent roof tiles that can be used for a pitch roof of 12.5 degrees gradient. (don't match our main roof)

Is this the case? If not please let me know of other possibilities.

Thanks in advance

Krishane

Sponsored Links
You're stuck i'm afraid.

The shallower the pitch the less choice you have.

12.5 degrees narrows it down to a choice of two or three.

Most are ugly as in Marley Wessex.

you could use onduline sheets,then use slates at a 100-125mm lap the onduline will keep any water out.
or ply wood sheet the roof and felt it pour and rool or torch on. counter batten then felt and batten it before slating or tiling it

Sponsored Links
Hi

xfr has hit the nail on the head!

Another method is to use a kingspan insulated panel system (which gets over the need for insulation and provides the weather protection), and again as per xfr counterbatten and slate for decoration purposes - comes in useful in conservation areas!

Regards

I would also go for xfr suggestion.Really its the only way to guarantee no problems in the future.12.5 degree there is a chance you will get water ingres via carpilar reaction.

You could use anthra zinc which is black in colour and using a standing seam method the pitch can be as low as 7 degrees.
This would guarantee the roof for 75 years+.

If you're interested in a competitive quote let me know and I'll put you in touch with someone in your area.

Hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back