Tiling around worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me.

I am planning on tiling my kitchen but before I start wanted to find out how I can tile around my kitchen worktop.

Basically both the worktops have been butted up to the wall on at both ends of the kitchen so a tile will not pass beside it.

I want to tile up from the floor.

The tiles will pass beside the kitchen units but as the worktop is touching the side wall it looks like I will have to cut a gap to go around the worktop...

I have considered taking the worktops off and cutting them, but one of them is 3m long and the sink etc have all been fixed so it would be a nightmare doing it.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
You will have to tile up to it and cut around the front curve using a tile saw. It's easy enough to do and once you seal the joining faces with silicone you'll never know which came first.. the tiles or the worktop.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back