Tiling first floor bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I'm aware that the question has been asked already many times but after reading various posts I couldn't come a definite conclusion so thought I'll ask again.

I'm planning on tiling my first floor bathroom and would like it to be flush with the rest of the house. At the moment there are wooden floorboards about 20mm thick and tiling on top of these would add a big step (plywood + glue + tiles is quite a lot).

I thought of removing the existing boards, putting a plywood base (WBP?), perhaps backerboard on top and then tiles. I know it would come up to more than the thickness of the current floor which I don't mind but at least it wouldn't be as much higher as when tiling on top of existing floor.

Can you please advise if this is a good approach and if not, what the best solution would be?

Thank you

Regards

EDIT: Also, what would be better to use for this: WBP or Marine Plywood, if any :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back