Tiling height above bath/shower advice.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,

I've recently moved into a new house and I'm having the bathroom ripped out and completely re done. I'm looking for some advice on the height of tiles around the bath/shower.

The plan is to have light grey metro tiles (200x100) roughly at basin level on 3 of the walls and then higher around the bath. Everything above the tiles will be skimmed and finished with a good quality bathroom paint (white).

Please see the attached picture:

With the ceilings being fairly high and the bathroom door at the end of the bath, I'd like the tiles to stop just before the height of the door rather than going all the way to the ceiling. This would mean from the side of the bath the tiles would go roughly 152cm up to the top of the door.

It would be great to get some expert advice on whether this would be unusual or a bit low?

Ideally I'd like to fit something similar in style to this shower. Also The bathroom has a modern humidity/light controlled extractor and a window for ventilation.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_7719.JPG
    IMG_7719.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 889
Sponsored Links
Your plans seem to be fine. Nothing unusual.
Remember to do any first fixing before any skimming or tiling.
If your walls are solid then its all good to go - if any stud partitions then come back here?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back