Tiling in shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The shower tray and screen I have bought need to be both in contact with the wall,, in the corner, but if I then tile the wall so tiles overlap shower tray, then the screen will be set forward and overhang the tray.
Should I first screw the U-chanels to the wall, and tile up to them, rather than behind them, or set the tray forward of the wall?

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if you have misjudged your setting out dimensions, and the tray is set too close to the wall.

If you could post pics of the tray alone, and pics of the screen(s) dry fitted on the tray then perhaps something can be salvaged.

There is sometimes some adjustment in the jambs/U-channels - Mfr's inst's will say.

I have not fitted it yet. My worry is that if I set the tray away from the wall, it will be difficult to get a good seal against water. No instructions were supplied but I will get some photos. Thanks for your comments.

Sponsored Links
I have not fitted it yet. My worry is that if I set the tray away from the wall, it will be difficult to get a good seal against water. No instructions were supplied but I will get some photos. Thanks for your comments.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back