Tiling Novice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to be tiling my bathroom very soon. I will need something to cut the floor/wall tiles. I was thinking about getting a cheapish wet saw, but read something on here about using an angle grinder. I will be using 13mm Travertine on the floor and just ordinary ceramic on the walls.

I've never used a wet saw before, but I've never used an angle grinder either :oops:

I figure the angle grinder is something I'm likely to benefit from having in my toolshed, whereas I wouldn't use the saw again. The main thing I'm worried about with the grinder is the lack of fence guide.

What would you recommend?

Sponsored Links
Wavey

As discussed in a previous post - a grinder with a solid diamond blade is the bees knees for quality cuts. I use a standard wickes 4 inch/110mm grinder which does have a fence but I never use it - I use eye shades instead.

I have tried using a metal strip as a guide but didn't get on too well with it so its freehand for me.

One tip - lay the tile on a scrap piece of timber so there is no blade damage ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back