Tiling on new floor slab

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve asked in a few sections on this forum so hope I’m not duplicating threads, just asking from a different angle from different trades.

100mm concrete slab going down Thursday late in my build. Was hoping to tile pronto. Got mixed info from 100 days drying before floor tiling to 30 days as that’s when most of the shrinkage has occurred or by using Uzin PE404 or similar after 30 days.

When would tilers be happy to floor tile for a customer on a new slab? Anyone got suggestions other than the Uzin product. Bloody expensive.

Sponsored Links
dazlight the guy who previous advised you is well respected and the most experienced floorman on these forums as far as i can see. why look further?

Concrete slab? -not screed?

Screed either use retinol additive or similar. Mapei fast setting screed.

Or isolate with ditra mat.

Good tikers wont tile straight on fresh screed...or will only with a disclaimer and no warranty

Sponsored Links
We have a 70mm screed and have been advised 1mm per day so the tiler is booked in for then. The amount of moisture coming out of a seemingly dry floor is untrue but supports the above drying time I guess. Just over the hump of heavily condensed windows and leaving doors open for circulation even when it’s been a bit chilly !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back