Tiling on Ply Covered Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've just purchased some 12 mm ply to cover some chipboard flooring to allow me to tile our floor with ceramic tiles. I've noticed that by the time this is all finished there will be a difference of around 20mm between that room and the next, which has carpet, what is the best way to overcome this?

Cheers in advance,
Rich

Sponsored Links
You can buy a transit strip from b&q here is a pic of one I used on one of my tiling jobs,gives a radiused edge to the step.

If you extend the ply about 30mm further than the tiles then fit the strip on the ply it should clip neatly into place.

Looks like an excellent job lance.... slight comment if I may be so bold......the thing that jumps out at me is that if you had lined up the tile centres with the bog, it would have loked a little better - it looks like you could shift the tiles over a bit for this. Easy to say when the job is finished though. Still looks a top job. ;) Raspeck! :D

Looks like an excellent job lance
Why thank you Mr Collier :)

the thing that jumps out at me is that if you had lined up the tile centres with the bog, it would have loked a little better

Initially the tiles were centered on the position of the old wc,when fitting the new one the customers decided they wanted it moving to the right a little as there is a sink to the left out of picture and they felt it would obstruct their washing pleasure :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Looks like an excellent job lance
Why thank you Mr Collier :)
Praise where it's due. Like the way you didn't bother with trim - if done right it looks well (yours does).

the thing that jumps out at me is that if you had lined up the tile centres with the bog, it would have loked a little better
Initially the tiles were centered on the position of the old wc,when fitting the new one the customers decided they wanted it moving to the right a little as there is a sink to the left out of picture and they felt it would obstruct their washing pleasure :LOL:
Fair enough then. You did well to have the foresight to line it up with the sh*tter. You can't account for customers.... but they are always right - apparently. :rolleyes:

Nice to see water in a bath when siliconing too.
Diamond laid floor tiles do make a narrow bathroom floor look wider - good call. Got mine to do when I can be bovvered. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back