Tiling on WEDI board on wooden flooboards....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone , just got a query with tiling on Wedi board on top of wooden floorboards , pic below shows a shower room that I've been doing on and off for 5 years (lazy sod..) , I've got 10mm Wedi board , should I use tile adhesive on the floor then place the wedi boards ontop , or use the Wedi big washers and screw the the boards down or both ? or I'm doing it all wrong ... shoud I be putting marine plywood down first etc...?

Thanks In Advance
Ste

IMG_4036.jpg

IMG_4031.jpg

Sponsored Links
depends on the condition off them floorboards mate....any flex at all in them??

normally ..screwboards down/prime boards/flex addy/wedi boards staggered/washers and screws/fiba tape/sealer tape..

flex addy tiles/flex grout..

if f/boards not to healthy then overboard with twelve mm ply (the number two is fecked on the pc) then as above,but prime underside/edges proir to fixing wbp ply down the marine ply will be to costly.

rich will be along to ask joist spacing/spans etc,.. then rip up floor and put down either 18mm-twenty 5mm WBP ply...which you can do if needed.. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back