Tiling on Worktops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Oak worktop, the tap is set back behind the sink on the worktop, annoyingly water gathers on the worktop around the tap. being wood it is slowly becoming discoloured despite trying to wipe up any spills. i oil hte worktops regually but it is becoming frustrating.

I was wondering, i have spare tiles, can i tile onto the worktop behind the sink just around the tap (probably use about 4 or 5 tiles worth). fill with silcone or grout, or can i not tile onto worktops? i would need about 2/3 or a small tile to fill the gap behind the sink and tiled wall behind.

Thanks
Jeff

Sponsored Links
You can tile but would still need to wipe up water spills as they would soak the tile and loosen it over time.

Tile adhesive will not stick to an oiled surface; personally I think it will look a bit naff anyway.

Sponsored Links
You really need to get the tap seen to, or replace it for a brand new one that doesn't leak water .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back