Replacing Kitchen Worktops inc Hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking to update my kicthen by changing the worktops, sink, taps, oven and hob and tiles. I will do some things myself, but I want to get the worktops fitted professionally. Am I best approaching a carpenter who may also be able to do the electrical and gas certification or am I looking for a kicthen fitter?

Also as I'm still at the budgeting stage how much am I looking at roughly for someone to do this? Of course I'll need to get someone to come and look at the spcifics. But I'll do as much prep as I can without actually removing the worktops (because of the gas) - so they'll all be unscrewed, oven and other appliances removed, tiles removed etc. The kitchen will be a U shape - 3 lengths of around 2.5m so 2 mitre joins, cut out and fit of hob and sink, connection for hob and gas certificate, connection of oven and elec certificate (do I need this - there is no major rewiring just swappnig like for like?). I will plumb the sink myself if needed but as there will be a professional there already the hour it takes him to do may well be worth it.

I reckon its between 1-2 days work? Any pitfalls to watch out for?

cheers,

Ollie

Sponsored Links
You need a gassafe registered installer to connect the gas hob up. The oven is just a straight swap really, unless its a lot more powerful than the one you have at present. Good idea to get a kitchen fitter in to do the worktops though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back