Tiling to floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently doing a bathroom. Looking to tile right down to floor level. New laminate floor going in. What's the best way to tile down to floor level, and finish the wee gap where tiles meet laminate, given that floor needs to be "held down" at edges? Looking for as neat and clean meeting of the two as possible. Skirtings are off. Wall is standard drywall.
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Well, yeah, but that's not really what I was asking.... if I tile up, the "spring" in the floor will slide the first course of tiles up the way before the adhesive sets. Laminate needs to be held down tight at the wall edges to prevent it springing and bouncing all over the place - how do I get that down tight, and have a decent edge finish in the corner?

Sponsored Links
ive always seen a decent gap round the edge, is it floating of glued down?

Is the sub floor nice and solid to reduce the SPRING?

Darren

Subfloor is OK - well, as good as it gets in newer houses - standard suspended wooden floor. The laminate gets laid on 3mm foamy underlay stuff - can't help thinking it needs to be properly located at the edges - if there were skirtings going back on, they'd do the job. But they're not.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ch427 - thanks for that. Means having a beading round the edge, and just tile down to that - was hoping to find a way to take tiles down to floor, but still keep the floor properly "down".

Place pegs under the first row of tiles to stop slip. Then use a beading to finish. If the tiles are white you could get a nice white P.V.C.u bead from a gutter and soffitt supplier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back