Tiling upto porch

Sponsored Links
Why did you remove the last board? Was it rocking or moving?

As you can see, the masonry between the joists is proud.

The board had a lip and loads of packing so it wasn't rocking, there wasn't anything wrong with it but we re plastered and had all the skirts changed.

The board was always dirty and it hard to clean as we use that door all the time so fancied having a layer of slate tiles there but don't know how to sort a base for them to go down on

I still dont understand why you removed the board when your intention was to tile over it?

Can you replace the board, firmly screwed down? You will then have a sub-floor for tiling or whatever.

Do you want a field of tile, or just a row at the door?

Sponsored Links
I removed it to take off the skirting board that went below that board either side. I never intended to tile it. It's was just an after thought.
The board that goes there is too thick really to tile on top off will leave a big step. Yeah just a row at the door is all I want

You cannot tile over what you show in the pic. You must have a firmly fixed base for the tile. All the boards must be on a level plane.

Perhaps go thro the tedious job of shaving off the proud masonry to give a level over the joist tops, then fix a board, and then prepare for tiling over.

Dont refix any skirting until your finished floorwork is complete.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back