Tilting fillet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm building a kitchen extension and the drawing has: '4mm WBP plywood tilting fillet at eaves'.

I'm pretty ignorant about building terms. Can anyone tell me what this is and what its purpose is.

Thanks,
Arf.

Sponsored Links
If you are going to have a facia board its to stop the felt sagging so that any water that gets behind the tiles/slates will run out into the gutter and not make the felt sag and rot your timbers.

Thanks Shane, but I'm still not sure about this. Will this tilt up the lower run of tiles too?

If you are having a facia board it should fit flush with the outside edge of the top of the facia board .Dependent on what type of tiles you have depends on how far up the roof
You can take the fillet .

If you are not having a facia board then 4mm of tilt fillet will not be enough

Sponsored Links
Arfcollins said:
Thanks Shane, but I'm still not sure about this. Will this tilt up the lower run of tiles too?

no it won't.

the fascia board should be deep enough to provide a "kick" for the first course (eaves) of tiles.
this in turn creates a void, at which your 6mm ply fillet will be fixed.

it can be fixed to the fascias edge and up to the first lathe or tile batten.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back