Timber Cladding Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi;

I am sourcing and researching timber cladding and have just had a reply from one of my sources which included the following line:

"You also need to be aware that when fixing the cladding two face fixes should be done on an Ex 150mm board as recommended by Trada"

I am confused and have ask for clarification, what is a two face fix? And what is an Ex 150mm board?

TVM

I will be installing 150mm x 25mm siberian larch cladding horizontally on 38mm x 50mm battens.

Sponsored Links
2 nails per plank on each baton fixing
just be aware a 6" plank covers about 133mm and not 6" so 10 planks will cover about 1330mm not 1530mm

Ok understood, so they just meant that with a 150mm cladding it needs two nails at each fixing point.

Sponsored Links
yes
i personally prefer ex 5" as 6" tends to be 50% greater cost for 20% more coverage
i also prefer only one fixing in the bottom25-30% off the plank just above the tongue on the plank below to give support to both

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back