Siberian Larch Cladding - Batten and Treatment Requirements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi;

I am building a block and timber workshop in my garden (project thread here). It's all up now and the next step is cladding. I am settling on Siberian Larch cladding.

According to one suppliers installation guide it says:

"Cladding should be applied to impregnated battens approximately 38 x 50, 50 x 50 mm square"

All the battens that I can find from several suppliers are 25mm x 38mm or 25mm x 50mm?

I thought 25mm x 50mm was the norm to give 25mm air gap between the breathable membrane and the cladding? Confused?

The wood is pressure treated but sawn ends need to be treated. Would a standard Cuprinol or Ronseal Wood Worm and Rot liquid be OK.

The Siberian Larch can be left to silver but I would like to maintain a fresh look. What clear covering / treatment would you recommend.

There is rear corner that is close to the ground and will get indirect wetting so need some additional treatment.

Any advice would be helpful.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back