Timber cladding internal side of external bedroom wall with added insulation advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi:)

i'm completely retrofitting new flooring and rigid insulation to the upstairs dormers in our recently purchased 80's house. bit of info about the pic, it shows 50mm of rigid between the timbers at the min, and i will be overboarding with 100mm then plasterboard over the top. in the timber areas.

the lovely pink scabby wall is the internal side of the gable end, it has some kind of white extremely light/powdery substance in the cavity as insulation.

this room is going to be my sons room and we want to clad the whole of that wall with reclaimed timber, it will also mean we do no need to get it skimmed etc, something along the line of the pic below

i'm thinking about battening out from the wall 30-50mm, then between the battens adhere 30-50mm celotex or similar foil backed insulation. then cover the battens with foil tape (to have one complete unbroken foil vapour barrier)
Then use the battens to secure the cladding.

can anyone see any issue with this? do i need to add another vapour barrier somehow? and what would be the most effective method if so?

any other advice welcome:)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back