Timber for mock tudor boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im giving the timber mock tudor boards on my house a refresh of wood treatment/new paint etc. Some areas also need a bit of repair work with filler

Ive found a few areas where the wood is too far gone to make good with a treatment and hardener so im going to have cut out and splice in some new bits in a few areas.

Im guessing some sort of pre treated hard wood would be ideal but in terms of the actual type of wood, im not sure where to start

Can anyone recommend the ideal types of timber id be looking to buy to replace the old rotted stuff?

Here's a section of the timber

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It's a no brainer. go to https://tudorboard.com/ More expensive than wood, cheaper than real oak. 15 year guarantee and easily DIY'able

full

Thanks, these look great but....

I only need around 5 metres tops for my repairs, and those tudor boards don't do the size to match my existing boards.

I think this would be worthwhile if i was replacing everything on the house but in this case, for the relatively small quantity of materials needed i decided that i should just go for timber

Thanks, these look great but....

I only need around 5 metres tops for my repairs, and those tudor boards don't do the size to match my existing boards.

I think this would be worthwhile if i was replacing everything on the house but in this case, for the relatively small quantity of materials needed i decided that i should just go for timber

no worries. I think they do about 8 different widths. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
no worries.

So anyone know what sort of timber would be best for the job?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back