Timber Lean To/Gazebo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
My third Argos gazebo shredded itself in the wind yesterday so I am thinking of building something myself, stronger and bigger.

Here is my thoughts, I was going to use studwork timber and treat it myself to build two frames, one at the house end and one at the garden end and then add joist hangers and then use some more stud to connect the two together. There will also be frame work between these two to make it stronger. The big question is what to put on the roof, I was thinking of using that corrugated plastic stuff (I cant seem to find anything cheaper than that at the moment).

Anyone know what thickness of timber I would need to use on the roof to support this? The weight is nominal so studwork timber might be overkill here - any ideas?

L

Sponsored Links
dunno where you are but look in the friday ad,my local 1 has some getting rid of a single glazed conny FREE,something like that you could afford to rejig to your requirements?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back