timber shuttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

as some may know, i'm building a concrete base, and i am pricing up some 2x6" timber for the shuttering, but it's coming out quite pricey for edging!

Does anyone know what timber i can get that will do the job but wont cost me £100 odd pound?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Go to a reclaimed yard and get yourself some old oak rafters.
They go for about £2 each.
Or, speak to your local roofers and tell them you can safe them some space in the skip for the same rafters.
They are the best to build anything solid.

Didn't you keep the decking you pulled up?
But if it was me I'd need a good reason to put a timber shed/garden office (presumably with a separate floor) on a concrete base - most people stand them up on paving slabs or concrete blocks - to keep the water away - a slab with a timber shed on it = wet shed.

Sponsored Links
A certain Brunel built sea wall down near where I live has had plywood used as shuttering in the distant past and is still there seemingly fine after 20 years or something.

Hi,

as some may know, i'm building a concrete base, and i am pricing up some 2x6" timber for the shuttering, but it's coming out quite pricey for edging!

Does anyone know what timber i can get that will do the job but wont cost me £100 odd pound?

Cheers

use 6 x 1 its fine for shuttering

Didn't you keep the decking you pulled up?
But if it was me I'd need a good reason to put a timber shed/garden office (presumably with a separate floor) on a concrete base - most people stand them up on paving slabs or concrete blocks - to keep the water away - a slab with a timber shed on it = wet shed.

Haven't ripped it up yet. Didn't think about using that!

My initial idea was so use timber on pads but I would need to have the timber frame resting on pads below the current paving slab level, at a level so that the top of the 6x2 timber (where cabin goes on) is just above paving level. Would this not be an issue? I'm concerned the water will run off the paving onto the 6x2 timber

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back