TimberPro Chainsaw Bar Bolt replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a TimberPro Chainsaw and the Bar Bolts have either Stripped, or the Securing Nuts Striped or maybe the Bolt Securing grooves have stripped. Whatever the problem is I need to replace the bolts or if the problem is the Nuts being stripped , I need to remove the Nuts.
The only way I can remove the Nuts is to drill out the Bolt which would of course destroy the bolt so what ever the Bolt will require replacement.
I have just watched a (Generic) You Tube video on how to replace these bolts and it requires a COMPLETE Strip down of the Chainsaw including removal of the engine which in itself involves splitting the engine apart and removal of the Clutch. In other words a complete strip down of the Chainsaw.
Even after all of this, if the problem becomes the stripped case housing that secures these studs, then the case housing will need replacement. What an absolute ridiculous design when all that could be required should be unscrewing the studs from the machine and replacing them.
SO the question is, are these Bar Bolt Studs on a Timber Pro saw similar to what I have described, or are they more sensibly constructed. If the answer to that is Yes, then the whole process is not worth the bother and the Chainsaw will be sent to meet its maker.
Anyone got any advice?

Sponsored Links
I don't know this saw but a trick of the trade, believe it or not, is to tap the damaged bolt through, (often into the fuel tank) and then tie a fine wire onto the new bolt , threading it through the hole and tank then finally pulling the bolt into place. Curious, I know!
Failing that, its a complete strip down and you'll need a full gasket set.
John :)

Thanks John, I have just looked at a You Tube Video of the process and the work to replace these bolts is extensive and reveals a ridiculous design. You are right, it involves a full strip down removing the engine, gearbox, Clutch, Fuel tank and even splitting the engine. That amount of work makes the task uneconomic for what the saw is worth. It is about to meet its maker in the timberland forest in the skies.
Thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back