Suitable Bolts for Car Trailer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, ive acquired an all metal box trailer. Its got higher sides than a normal trailer but they can be folded down.

The sides are locked together by 4 bolts in each corner and you remove these to get the sides down.

At the moment it has 4 bolts and nylon nuts which are a pain to undo and took quite some time earlier to get all 4 out do the positioning and tightness etc.

In order to get the trailer in and out of the gate the sides need to come down and tipped on its side so its something i want to try and make a quick 2 minute job to lower and raise the sides.

What sort if nuts and bolts could i use to make this an easier task than it is at the moment? I was thinking of using wing nuts but not sure if they would unscrew themselves? Was also wondering if there any kind of secure quick release pins that could be used but dont come undone?

Sponsored Links
Try looking at the Indespension website, at devices called antiluces......used to lock trailer sides. Would they help?
John :)

Try looking at the Indespension website, at devices called antiluces......used to lock trailer sides. Would they help?

Thanks, I did actually think of them but wasn't sure what they were called. Im not sure I could use them though as it would mean making a large hole I guess on one of the side but not sure if there is the room

Sponsored Links
The usual antiluce thread is 12mm which means a 13mm clearance hole. Some antiluce threads are 75mm long which is well handy! The matching antiluce plate is ready drilled with an 18mm hole and that can be bolted or welded into place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back