Time before painting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had my whole living room skimmed including the ceiling, apart from one small area approx 1/2 sq metre which still looks 'dark' the rest now looks that light pink colour.

How long do you recommend before painting and is a 'wash' coat necessary and what is likely to affect the finish if I was just to paint straight on to the walls.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
wait until it is all pink

yes you must apply a mist coat thinned with water per the instructions.

Dulx Trade Matt is good for the mist and first coat, I believe it does not include Vinyl. If you paint the walls white with this, you can use up your tin, and it will level off the colour and draw your eye to any blemishes that you need to deal with before you apply your chosen decorative colour.

wait until it is all pink

yes you must apply a mist coat thinned with water per the instructions.

Dulx Trade Matt is good for the mist and first coat, I believe it does not include Vinyl. If you paint the walls white with this, you can use up your tin, and it will level off the colour and draw your eye to any blemishes that you need to deal with before you apply your chosen decorative colour.

Cheers for that, just as an add on, what amount of water does it get thinned by or are there instructions ( as you allude to) on the tin of the trade tin?

Sponsored Links
If you go to a proper paint centre you can actually buy paint in a wide variety of colours that can be painted straight on damp plaster. :)

I don't disagree, but the white is cheapest so handy for the mist coat and any levelling needed :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back